Botulinum Toxin or Botox is not uncommon, while many of you may not have used it. But you must have heard about it in one way or another.
The bacterium Clostridium releases the neurotoxic protein, which we call Botox; other species related to this bacterium are capable of producing this Botulinum Toxin.
There are many medical uses of Buy Botox Online, but it is commonly famous for its cosmetic use; even the FDA had initially approved Botox for its cosmetic use only.
The 5 Major Uses of Botox:
- Treating Conditions that involve muscle spasticities such as Cerebral Palsy and refractory overactive bladder.
- Muscle disorders, such as improper eye alignment.
- Also, it can be administered for the treatment of excessive sweating.
- It can also be used for the treatment of chronic migraine headaches.
- Cosmetic uses of it include removing fine lines and wrinkles off the face; allowing the person to maintain a youthful appearance for a long time.
How is Botox used for treating various conditions or reducing fine lines and wrinkles?
Its injections or vials are administered by the
- Doctor or
- Licensed professional who is an expert in such treatments.
The procedure and quantity may also depend on the specific condition that you require treatment for.
Talking specifically about using Botox for cosmetic purposes, how is it administered to the skin?
It is administered by injecting it in the specific areas of the skin that require treatment.
For instance, if you need to remove frown lines from your forehead.
It will be injected into the forehead muscles.
How long does the process take, and is it painful?
The core process of injecting it in the skin takes only a few minutes.
And most of the time, it is not painful.
If your skin is extra sensitive to pain, you may discuss it with your doctor beforehand; if you can use anesthesia.
How long do the effects of Botox last if it is a cosmetic treatment?
After the procedure is complete, you will see noticeable results within a time of a few days to 2 weeks. And, one treatment will last for 3-6 months based on the severity of your condition; or the number of fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
It has been observed that the follow-up treatments after the first injection of Botox show more results; than the first treatment when used to remove fine lines and wrinkles off the face.
- Pain in the injected area
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Muscle weakness
- Double vision
- Swollen eyelid
- Dropping of the eyelid
- Irritation in the eyes
- Dry eyes
- Tearing of the eyes
- Less blinking
- Neck pain
- Back Pain
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Painful Urination
Very few people have reported any severe side-effect of Botox. And, it is considered one of the safest treatments out there. Also, people using it for cosmetic purposes rarely have any significant side-effects, and even the mild ones are limited; to the injected area of this medicine, such as redness and pain.
Always to ask your doctor to inform you about all the possible side-effects that may occur after the use of Botox; on your skin as the side-effects as well as their severity may differ based on a person’s body, their past medical history as well as any other existing conditions that you may have or any medications that you may be using.
Allergan Botox treatments have any allergic reactions in the body. Still, it is best to be careful if you have a history of other forms of allergies; and promptly reports it to your doctor if you see any rashes, swelling, or other symptoms of an allergic reaction.
These are some of the medications which may interact with Botox:
There might be medications and drugs other than this, which may interact with Botox. So, before you begin your treatment, make sure you update your doctor; with all types of drugs and medications that you will need to prevent any severe interactions.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Please ensure that you are not allergic to any inactive ingredient in the Botox treatment that; you are getting, you can do this by discussing the active ingredients with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
- You must share your medical history with your doctor; to ensure that your conditions do not interact with the Botox treatment.
- After you get this treatment, it is best to avoid operating machinery or drive; as it may slightly give you blurry vision and muscle weakness for a while.
- Please inform your doctor, dentist, and dietitian, or any other health expert; if you are going to get this treatment, so none of their treatment collides with each other.
- If you are planning to have a baby or are pregnant; please confirm with your doctor if you can get Botox treatment. Also, if you are nursing a baby or offering breast milk for a baby; please do not use it as it is not yet verified if Botox passes through breast milk.
- If you are pregnant, please do not use Botox for cosmetic purposes, such as removing your face’s wrinkles. The body of a pregnant woman is likely to go through many changes after giving birth; thus, it is best if you schedule a Botox treatment after you have delivered; and weaned off your body from breast milk.
- After having a Botox treatment; it is best to refrain from rubbing, scratching, or applying pressure on the administered areas to get flawless results.
Frequently Asked Questions about Botox:
Is the Cosmetic Use of Botox only recommended for Women?
Not all all. Men are as conscious and focused on looking fabulous and young for a long time as women; and thus many men opt for Botox treatments to remove fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet. The treatment offers effective results regardless of your gender.
Is there a minimum age Required to seek Botox treatment?
Ideally, you should be 18 years old in most cases if you want to seek Botox treatment for cosmetic use; but when you are young and in your 20s, you don’t require any external help to look young; if you adopt a healthy lifestyle. 30 is an excellent age to seek cosmetic botox treatment; as it may prevent you from having wrinkles and fine lines in the future.
If your desire to use Botox for its medical use; your doctor is the best person to determine if your age is suitable for it.
Are there any special precautions to be taken before getting Botox treatment?
Yes, and based on your condition for which you are seeking the treatment. Your doctor will give you a list of specific precautions to take, which you must follow for the best results.
Generally, consuming alcohol is must to avoid at least 48 hours before the treatment. Your doctor may ask you to stop using medications or herbs; such as, aspirin, ibuprofen, and Ginseng, which are known for their blood-thinning properties to prevent bruising after the administration.
Though Botox is more common for its cosmetic use, its medical usage is also quite common. Apart from using this drug to remove wrinkles and fine lines; nowadays, people are also using Botox injections to make their lips appear larger and fuller. While some people may find Botox too expensive. It is a much more budget-friendly option than derma fillers and plastic surgery. If you plan to use this treatment for medical use; it may be covered by your medical insurance, so you don’t have to lose your sleep over the cost.