For patients interested in LASIK surgery, the journey to 20/20 eyesight can be frustrating. But having a reliable surgeon beside you to relieve your anxieties and worries is the best way to be prepared for the surgery. How to choose a LASIK surgeon knowing your ophthalmologist is best suited for the procedure? We are willing to help you achieve the best results will be worth taking your time to understand how to choose a LASIK surgeon in London.
How To Choose A LASIK Surgeon in London?
1. To Choose A LASIK Surgeon – Consider their certification and education
In case you have already concluded that LASIK eye surgery is the best option for you, the next point you should consider to choose a board-certified LASIK surgeon. A LASIK surgeon with a high reputation will not present a general medical license but will hold board certification from one or more prestigious institutions.
The essence of board certification is to guarantee that they have specialized knowledge in addition to an extensive medical license. For instance, the American Board of Medical Specialties is an excellent example of such a board institutions.
This information should be readily available and straightforward to find when researching LASIK specialists, as your surgeon should have no reason to hide their accomplishments and want to prove to their patients that they are reputable and qualified.
2. How to Check your eligibility for LASIK Surgery?
During your search for LASIK surgeons in your region, it is good to understand that an excellent refractive ophthalmologist will always discuss with you to ascertain your eligibility for LASIK.
Although LASIK maybe their area of expertise, a reputable surgeon will never suggest a treatment to you without confirming that you are qualified.
Below are several determining factors that your ophthalmologist will consider:
- Must possess an adequate corneal thickness
- Must demonstrate reliable eyesight for a year before the surgery (this could be in the form of contact lenses or glasses)
- Must have no eye diseases, like keratoconus, cataracts, glaucoma, and specific kinds of herpes.
- Must be at least 18 years old
You may NOT be eligible for laser vision treatment if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing, because certain hormones can affect the eyesight
- Have any infections needing medication that negates refractive surgery, like collagen vascular disease
- Have any former eye injuries
- Have an issue that results in dry eyes
- Have a previous vision or eye issues such as amblyopia, strabismus, and other problems that can hinder the healing process.
Lastly, the final step in knowing how to choose a LASIK surgeon is finding out if they are concerned about following through with their patients.
A good ophthalmologist that genuinely cares about their patients will monitor the LASIK procedure till the end.
This not only involves assisting you in evaluating financial expenses and making surgery preparations but also post-surgery care.
Following your laser eye surgery, it is pertinent that your ophthalmologist schedules a follow-up appointment to see that the treatment is successful and that you have completely healed.
Get LASIK eye surgery in London
There’s no need for you to travel abroad to receive quality LASIK surgical treatment. You can visit LASIK Eye Surgery consultation in Harley Street.
LASIK eye clinic surgeons at Optimal Vision are reliable and highly qualified to perform the procedure in the best way possible.
With many years of practice in that field and tons of successful LASIK procedures, they have the practice and expertise required to give you the best results possible.
Why don’t you leverage on their free LASIK Eye Surgery consultation in Harley Street today and start your journey to 20/20 eyesight? They can’t wait to hear from you!
- How To Improve Your Smile – 5 Simple Things You Can Do At Home
- Best Skincare Routine For Oily Skin
- The Hidden Side Effect Of Lip Injection You Should Know