Are you a too skinny person and wish to gain weight in a short period? Well! Gaining weight can be easy, but you cannot fill your body with unhealthy food items to gain weight. An unhealthy intake can lead to weight gain, but it will be harmful to your health and cause various illnesses. In this article, you will learn how to gain weight or mass in a healthy way with mass gainer supplements without gulping refined sugar or unhealthy carbs.
How to Check Whether you are Underweight or Not?
To know whether you are underweight, you need to check your body mass index (BMI). BMI can be calculated using your height and weight.
Use the formulae to calculate BMI:
Here is the BMI table to determine whether you are ideal weight, underweight, or overweight:
- Overweight: BMI of 25 or more
- Underweight: BMI of less than 18.5
- Ideal weight: BMI between 18.5 to 25
Nutritional Tips If You Are Underweight :
- Eat more protein
- Eat healthy carbs
- Intake more fibers
- Consume vitamins and minerals
- Say no to refined sugar
- Do not consume unhealthy carbs
- Stay away from junk foods
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables
- Stay away from alcohol and cigarettes
- Do not drink fluids just before a meal
Also Read: 9 Easy Ways To Gain Weight Naturally
Weight or Mass Gainer Supplements:
Mass or weight gainers are high-calorie powdered supplements that contain various macro and micronutrients such as
As we said, your body needs protein, carbs, and other vital nutrients. So, the best way to get all of them in a single scoop is by consuming gainer supplements.
- Good fat,
- Healthy carbohydrates,
- Essential amino acids,
- Glutamine, and
- Various other ingredients. A gainer supplement has comparatively low levels of protein content in comparison to the carbs and fats.
These gainer powders are typically consumed to increase the body’s calorie intake, which further instigates muscle gain and weight gain.
Although the protein level in a gainer supplement is low, the quality of protein used in these supplements is high. This helps in maintaining the essential protein level in your body, which supports muscle growth, development, and repair.
What Are Good Quality Mass Gainer Supplements?
A good quality gainer supplement typically provides your body with 300 to 1200 calories per serving. These supplements help in fulfilling the nutrient gaps in your body and provide you with a balanced diet. Also, the gainers are available in various delicious flavors, which makes your gaining journey quite delightful.
Types of Gainer Supplements:
There are two types of gainer supplements:
- Mass Gainer Supplements: If you are not extraordinarily underweight and wish to gain muscle mass, you should go with mass gainers.
- Weight Gainer Supplements: If you are incredibly underweight/ skinny and wish to gain mass and healthy body fat, you should consume weight gainer supplements.
|Ingredients||Weight Gainer Supplements||Mass Gainer Supplements|
|Protein||The protein content is a little less in weight gainers as compared to mass gainers||The protein content is a little more in mass gainers as compared to weight gainers|
|Carbohydrate||Weight gainers contain more carbohydrates||Mass gainers contain fewer carbs as compared to the weight gainers|
|Fiber||Weight gainers contain fewer amounts of fibers as compared to mass gainers||Mass gainers contain comparatively more amounts of fibers|
While buying a gainer supplement, make sure to check the ingredients thoroughly. The product should not contain artificial ingredients or sugar in it.
Benefits of Mass Gainer Supplements
Mass gainer supplements offer the following benefits:
- The gainer supplements are rich in protein, and therefore, these products help in muscle growth and development.
- Gainers are known to help in the development of lean muscle mass.
- The amino acid contents present in gainer powders aids in rapid muscle recovery
- The vitamins and mineral contents help in boosting your immunity.
- The supplements help in strengthening your bones and muscles.
- Regular consumption of gainer powders is excellent for boosting your energy levels and therefore improving your performance.
- The supplements provide your body with high amounts of calories, which supports weight gain.
- The healthy ingredients in these supplements help in regulating your metabolism rate.
- Most of the gainer supplements contain digestive enzymes, which help in improving your digestive system.
Also Read: Top 10 Sweet Potato Benefits For Diabetes
Both diet and exercise play an essential role in increasing your weight. Therefore never miss your training sessions. Health problems can also be a reason for rapid weight loss, and that is why we recommend you go to a physician and get yourself checked thoroughly. Eat healthily to gain weight.